rows background color with grouping

Jorge-5
Hello,

I've a table with 4 columns and I'm using grouping in the first three ones.
I am thinking of a good way of setting the background colors of the rows
so that the grouping looks visually clear.

An example of a table could look like this:

Year  -  Month - Day - Tasks
2005 - January - 10 - Do homework
          -              -      -  Read book
          - February - 12 - Listen to Music
          -                  - 18 - Write poem
           -                 - 24 - Watch TV
2004 -  December - 31 - Go out with friends

I guess this might not be easy to do without extending the displaytag
classes, am I right?

Thanks in advance
Jorge