how to add "name & id" to <display:column>

luy

how to add "name & id" to <display:column>

luy
Good morning List,

May I know how to provide a column name or id to "<display:column ...>"
please?

E.g.,

<display:column property="abc" name="abc" id="abc">

But I got an exception, complaining that "name" does not supported by
"<display:column>".

What I need is:

<TR>
<TD name="abc" id="abc">.... </TD>

Thanks a lot!

--
Emi Lu

luy

Re: how to add "name & id" to <display:column>

luy
Hi Naveen,

I tried:

<display:column property="abc" titleKey="abc" >

But I still *cannot* get:
=========================

The result is:
========================

Could you please put your code that can generate "name" & "id" for <TD>
please?

Thank you,
--
Emi Lu

On 03/28/2011 12:51 PM, Naveen Namburi wrote:

> use title attribute directly or titleKey attribute to get from
> properties file
> Thanks,
> Naveen.
>
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Emi Lu <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Good morning List,
>
>     May I know how to provide a column name or id to "<display:column ...>"
>     please?
>
>     E.g.,
>
>     <display:column property="abc" name="abc" id="abc">
>
>     But I got an exception, complaining that "name" does not supported by
>     "<display:column>".
>

>     What I need is:
>
>     <TR>
>     <TD name="abc" id="abc">.... </TD>
>
>     Thanks a lot!
>
>     --
>     Emi Lu

>     Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to
>     meet the
>     growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses
>     are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your
>     software
>     be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker
>     today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
[hidden email]        +1 514 848-2424 x5884

luy

On 03/28/2011 04:28 PM, Naveen Namburi wrote:
> <
> display:column property="AAA" title="ColumnName" sortable="true" />

No, it does not work.

Your code will generate:
=====================================
<TD> AAA value in action form </TD>

Title is for the column name shown in table. Sort is for sorting. But
this is *NOT* what I need.

I need compiled or displaytag generated results to:

<TD name="xyz" id="xyz">AAA value in action form</TD>

"xyx" will be used for jquery later!

I need displaytag to allow name & ID in <TD> but not property neither
title.

Emi Lu

--
Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
[hidden email]        +1 514 848-2424 x5884

Re: how to add "name & id" to <display:column>

Thanks a lot!

--
Emi Lu

Foram Parikh

Using table decorator solved my problem for the same.

Regards,
Foram

luy wrote
Good morning List,

May I know how to provide a column name or id to "<display:column ...>"
please?

E.g.,

<display:column property="abc" name="abc" id="abc">

But I got an exception, complaining that "name" does not supported by
"<display:column>".

What I need is:

Re: how to add "name & id" to <display:column>

CRANFORD, CHRIS
You can do it this way or rather a different approach could be that you
use the class attribute for jQuery queries instead.

<display:column titleKey="label.column.part.number"
property="partNumber" class="tableClass" headerClass="tableHeaderClass"
/>

Then in jQuery if I want to do something to the values in that
particular column, I can use the selector:

  /* loop over the columns of importance */
  $(".tableClass").each(function(i) {
  });

  /* loop over the column headers of importance */
  $(".tableHeaderClass").each(function(i) {
  });

Now if you always know that you need to loop over the 3rd column in the
display table you could:

  $("table#tableId tbody tr td:nth-child(2)").each(function(i) {
  });

Then you don't need to overlay any special CSS classes since you know
you want column #3; however, the downside here is if you decide to
rearrange your table later due to some other business constraints, you
have to remember to change this coding where-as by using the CSS
selector option instead, you can rearrange the table without worry of
your jQuery coding :P.

Chris

luy wrote:

> Good morning List,
>
> May I know how to provide a column name or id to "<display:column
...>"

> please?
>
> E.g.,
>
> <display:column property="abc" name="abc" id="abc">
>
> But I got an exception, complaining that "name" does not supported by
> "<display:column>".
>

> What I need is:
>
> <TR>
> <TD name="abc" id="abc">.... </TD>
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> --
> Emi Lu

------
10 Tips for Better Web Security
Learn 10 ways to better secure your business today. Topics covered
include:
Web security, SSL, hacker attacks & Denial of Service (DoS), private
keys,
security Microsoft Exchange, secure Instant Messaging, and much more.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51426210/