encode html character in pdf export

damidame
Hi,

i have a displaytag:table that displays well all of my data.
some of them are html specific character like & Delta; (sorry for space between & and D) (for Δ greek delta symbol)

On my table, the greek symbol is appearing well but when i export in pdf format, & Delta; is appearing,  not the symbol.

Is there something specific to do in order to have the symbol ?

regards,
Dam

Re: encode html character in pdf export

Chris Pratt
Try Δ (Δ) instead.  Δ (Δ) is a character that is recognized by HTML, but is not even one of the five entities recognized by XML, so expecting the PDF reader to be able to interpret it is asking a bit too much.  Where as if you specify the character code value, that can easily be translated to what PDF is expecting.
  (*Chris*)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM, damidame <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

i have a displaytag:table that displays well all of my data.
some of them are html specific character like & Delta; (sorry for space
between & and D) (for &Delta; greek delta symbol)

On my table, the greek symbol is appearing well but when i export in pdf
format, & Delta; is appearing,  not the symbol.

Is there something specific to do in order to have the symbol ?

regards,
Dam

Re: encode html character in pdf export

damidame
I tried this but it's not working :(
maybe encoding is wrong "UTF-8"

any ideas ?

Chris Pratt wrote
Try Δ (&#x0394;) instead.  Δ (&Delta;) is a character

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM, damidame <dlheuillier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a displaytag:table that displays well all of my data.
> some of them are html specific character like & Delta; (sorry for space
> between & and D) (for Δ greek delta symbol)
>
> On my table, the greek symbol is appearing well but when i export in pdf
> format, & Delta; is appearing,  not the symbol.
>
> Is there something specific to do in order to have the symbol ?
>
> regards,
> Dam

Export with displaytag 1.2

ffjavierr-dt
Hello,

I am using Displaytag 1.1 in some tables and I export all list to excel and pdf ok. However, if I change to displaytag 1.2, when I export to excel or pdf the table export only the page that I am watching in de screen. I have read the documentation in the web but it seem that it is equals than 1.1. The properties I am using are:

------------------------------------
sort.amount=list

export.amount=list
export.decorated=true

export.types=excel pdf

export.excel.class=org.displaytag.export.excel.DefaultHssfExportView
#export.pdf.class=org.displaytag.export.PdfView
export.pdf.class=org.displaytag.export.DefaultPdfExportView

#CON_EXPORTACION_EXCEL
export.excel=true
export.excel.label=<span class="export excel">Excel</span>
export.excel.include_header=true
export.excel.filename=listado.xls

#CON_EXPORTACION_PDF
export.pdf=true
export.pdf.label=<span class="export pdf">PDF</span>
export.pdf.include_header=true
export.pdf.filename=listado.pdf

#CON_EXPORTACION_XML
#export.xml=true
export.xml=false
export.xml.label=<span class="export xml">XML</span>
export.xml.filename=listado.xml

#CON_EXPORTACION_CVS
export.csv=false
export.csv.label=<span class="export csv">CSV</span>
export.csv.include_header=false
export.csv.filename=
-----------------------------------

Any idea????

Thanks

Re: [***] Export with displaytag 1.2

David Pilato

There’s a JIRA regarding that bug :

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DISPL-292

David.

Re: [***] Export with displaytag 1.2

Carlos-102
Use export.pdf.class=org.displaytag.export.PdfView

Re: [***] Export with displaytag 1.2

naveen

<

display:table id="div1a" class="scrollData1" name="list" export="true" pagesize="${scrollSize}" cellpadding="${paddingValue}" requestURI="courtsonline.htm" sort="list">
I tried using like this and it is exporting whole list.

Thanks,
Naveen.