displayTag: how to change displayTag parameters

displayTag: how to change displayTag parameters

milesmiles55
i've been stuck on this issue for quite some time and decided to see if i could get some help.

i want to change the ugly displayTag (tableid) parameter from d-bunchofnumbers-p to a URLfriend one? I also want to change the sort and page parameters as well.   Is it trivial to do this?  If so, how? is it as simple as setting the following properties?

                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.pagenumber.param" value="page"/>
                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.sort.param" value="sort"/>
                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.sortdirection.param" value="dir"/>

I've tried this but, it's not working.

The displayTag documentation is very thin and I've searched the web for pointers with no luck.

thanks!

Re: displayTag: how to change displayTag parameters

milesmiles55
btw, the url should be similiar to this:

results?sort=id&dir=asc&page=1

milesmiles55 wrote
i've been stuck on this issue for quite some time and decided to see if i could get some help.

i want to change the ugly displayTag (tableid) parameter from d-bunchofnumbers-p to a URLfriend one? I also want to change the sort and page parameters as well.   Is it trivial to do this?  If so, how? is it as simple as setting the following properties?

                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.pagenumber.param" value="page"/>
                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.sort.param" value="sort"/>
                        <display:setProperty name="pagination.sortdirection.param" value="dir"/>

I've tried this but, it's not working.

The displayTag documentation is very thin and I've searched the web for pointers with no luck.

thanks!

Re: displayTag: how to change displayTag parameters

naveen
why do you really wan't to change this...if so you might loose some functionlity of sorting or something else

Thanks,
Naveen.

milesmiles55 wrote:

> i've been stuck on this issue for quite some time and decided to see if i
> could get some help.
>
> i want to change the ugly displayTag (tableid) parameter from
> d-bunchofnumbers-p to a URLfriend one? I also want to change the sort and
> page parameters as well.   Is it trivial to do this?  If so, how? is it as
> simple as setting the following properties?
>
>                         <display:setProperty
> name="pagination.pagenumber.param" value="page"/>
>                         <display:setProperty name="pagination.sort.param"
> value="sort"/>
>                         <display:setProperty
> name="pagination.sortdirection.param" value="dir"/>
>
> I've tried this but, it's not working.
>
> The displayTag documentation is very thin and I've searched the web for
> pointers with no luck.
>
> thanks!

Re: displayTag: how to change displayTag parameters

milesmiles55
I was hoping for a more user-friendly URL.  Do you just keep the parameter(s) d-bunchofnumbers-p intact?

naveen namburi wrote

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM, milesmiles55 <bodymoves@gmail.com> wrote:

> btw, the url should be similiar to this:
>
> results?sort=id&dir=asc&page=1
>

> milesmiles55 wrote:
> >
> > i've been stuck on this issue for quite some time and decided to see if i
> > could get some help.
> >
> > i want to change the ugly displayTag (tableid) parameter from
> > d-bunchofnumbers-p to a URLfriend one? I also want to change the sort and
> > page parameters as well.   Is it trivial to do this?  If so, how? is it
> as
> > simple as setting the following properties?
> >
> >                         <display:setProperty
> > name="pagination.pagenumber.param" value="page"/>
> >                         <display:setProperty name="pagination.sort.param"
> > value="sort"/>
> >                         <display:setProperty
> > name="pagination.sortdirection.param" value="dir"/>
> >
> > I've tried this but, it's not working.
> >
> > The displayTag documentation is very thin and I've searched the web for
> > pointers with no luck.
> >
> > thanks!

luy

PDF export

luy
Hello List,

I tried so many ways, but still cannot generate PDF export.

Could someone provide detailed document please?

Thanks a lot!
Emi