Pagination using display tag and JSTL.Display problem

Pagination using display tag and JSTL.Display problem

JavaNoobie
Hi folks,
Im trying to build an enhancement to my web app, by including pagination to diplay the results of a query in the jsp. I ve tried using the diplay tag library to implement the same .Before using the display tag library , I was just printing the List by using jstl tags and EL , something of the nature below.
[code=java]
<TABLE WIDTH="75%" BORDER="1">
 <TR>

  <TD>Code</TD>
  <TD>Description</TD>
  <TD>IsActive?</TD>
  <TD>IsEditable?</TD>
  <TD>Edit</TD>
  <TD></TD>

  <c:forEach items="${dao.domList}" var="dl">

   <TR>
    <TD><c:out value="${dl.code}" /></TD>
    <TD><c:out value="${dl.description}" /></TD>
    <TD><c:out value="${dl.statusActive}" /></TD>
    <TD><c:out value="${dl.statusEdit}" /></TD>
    <TD><a href="Main.jsp?${dl.objid}" onclick="selectobjID(${dl.objid})">Edit </a>  </TD>
   </TR>
  </c:forEach>

 </TR>
</TABLE>
[/code]
which shows the following output
Code Description IsActive? IsEditable? Edit
SINGLE  FEMALE   Yes   No   Edit
SINGLE  MALE   Yes   No   Edit
MARRIED MALE           Yes   Yes          Edit
where 'Edit' is a hyper link.

I did look at a couple of samples of display tag library and modified my code to the following.
[code=java]
<TABLE WIDTH="75%" BORDER="1">
 <TR>

  <TD>Code</TD>
  <TD>Description</TD>
  <TD>IsActive?</TD>
  <TD>IsEditable?</TD>
  <TD>Edit</TD>
  <TD></TD>
<%System.out.println("I think domList is being accessed");%>

   <display:table id="domList" name="${dao.domList}"pagesize="2">
  <c:forEach items="${dao.domList}" var="dl">
   <TR>

      <TD> <display:column  value="${dl.code}" /> </TD>
          <TD><display:column  value="${dl.description }"/> </TD>
          <TD><display:column  value="${dl.statusActive }"/> </TD>
          <TD><display:column  value="${dl.statusEdit}"/> </TD>
                        <TD><a href="Main.jsp?${dl.objid}" onclick="selectobjID(${dl.objid})">Edit </a>  </TD>
     </TR>

  </c:forEach>
</display:table>

 </TR>
</TABLE>
[/code]
However , now when I try to print the results, I get a weird output . As the records are repeated horizontally across the across the table defined in addition to the normal vertical listing.
also, the records are not listed accordint to the table structure that I have defined.
The output here is.
7 items found, displaying 1 to 2.[First/Prev] 1, 2, 3, 4 [Next/Last]
Code Description IsActive? IsEditable? Edit
SINGLE  FEMALE Yes No SINGLE MALE Yes No MARRIED MALE Yes Yes MARRIED FEMALE Yes Yes Married Male Yes No Married Female Yes No Married Female Yes No
SINGLE  FEMALE Yes No SINGLE MALE Yes No MARRIED MALE Yes Yes MARRIED FEMALE Yes Yes Married Male Yes No Married Female Yes No Married Female Yes No

And the hyper link associated with 'Edit' is not being displayed either :(.

Any help would be appreciated.

This e-mail, and any attachments are strictly confidential and may also contain legally privileged information. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, store or act in reliance on the e-mail or any of its attachments. Instead, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail and any attachments.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, the views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of Enzen Technologies (P) Limited or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (Group Companies), and the Group Companies, their directors, officers and employees makes no representation and accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail. You are responsible for maintaining your own virus protection and the Group Companies do not accept any liability for viruses. Enzen reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Enzen e-mail system.