OutOfMemory problem

Nitin.Dubey
We have a application that does export to PDF for a list.  This is a filtered list on display but when exported it exports the complete list that is more than 100,000 records.  The PDF it generates is about 2500 pages that is apprx 15MB is size.

The problem is when the list is exported it gives us OutOfMemory error.  Is there any way to get through this problem without increasing the java heap size?  I cannot increase memory any further.

I was checking through the API and there I could see we can write our own export class handler.  But again I would be using the same IText Api.  As of now I do not know whether or not the problem is with Display Tag OR IText API.

- Nitin

Re: OutOfMemory problem

sermojohn
 <Nitin.Dubey@...> writes:

> We have a application that does export to PDF for a list.  This is a filtered
list on display but when exported
> it exports the complete list that is more than 100,000 records.  The PDF it
generates is about 2500 pages
> that is apprx 15MB is size.
>
> The problem is when the list is exported it gives us OutOfMemory error.  Is
there any way to get through this
> problem without increasing the java heap size?  I cannot increase memory any
further.

> I was checking through the API and there I could see we can write our own
export class handler.  But again I
> would be using the same IText Api.  As of now I do not know whether or not the
problem is with Display Tag OR

> IText API.
>

> - Nitin

Dear Nitin,

Did you find any solution to that problem? We have faced the same issue, and it
seems that this has not been fixed by the library developers.

Thanx in advance!

Re: OutOfMemory problem

naveen
try adding

<%@

page buffer = "64kb" %>
in you calling jsp...if still out of memory try increasing the above buffer size.

Thanks And Regards,
N.Naveen.