How to export without using table?

Robert Nicholson
At work I have a use case where the displayed table in the browser contains few columns than the table they want to export.

Is there any way to use the Export facility within displaytag but not render the full table?

In order to export does the browser have to render the table?

When I view the page which contains my search results my action calls the dao and it brings back a smaller number of columns for each record. Then I want to click on the export link which will go back around call the dao but this time bring back all columns so I can export them.

Is it necessary then to have rendered the new "wider" table to the browser in order to export?

Re: How to export without using table?

naveen
Try using media attribute as HTML or PDF based on what u need to show and what u need to export

Sent from my iPhone