How to check if it is a html pdf or excel invocation

How to check if it is a html pdf or excel invocation

Gandalf0777
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I am wondering what is the proper way of checking in the controller if the request invocation is the invocation of html or maybe pdf or excel?

I can see in my controller method that if user clicked on 'export to pdf' link within the displaytag table the request object has several parameters with strange names like 6578706f7274 or d-1332823-e.

I can check if there are such parameters in my request object - but what is the recommended way of checking if the current invocation is an export to pdf or not?

Regards