[Help] Problems while migrating to display tag 1.1

[Help] Problems while migrating to display tag 1.1

SourceForge.net

The following forum message was posted by nea3 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/displaytag/forums/forum/249318/topic/3859990:

Hi all,
I am using displaytag1.0 in my project on Struts framework 1.1 and now I need
to apply the row highlighting feature of display tag which is available from
1.1 version onwards. I downloaded the displaytag 1.1 and the dependent jars
and replaced with old ones. Now it is showing some errors at compile time. The
code snippet that throws errors are:

TableModel tableModel;
.... = [b]tableModel.getPageContext()[/b].....

Error is : getPageContext() has protected access in
org.displaytag.model.TableModel

Column column;
String header = [b]column.getHeader();[/b]

Error is : Cannot find symbol getHeader() in org.displayTag.model.column

Just to check whether the row highlighting is wroking, I commented the above
two lines in my java file and started the application.Now, it is indicating
error from jsp page itself that:[b]
Unable to find setter method for attribute width[/b] where I am using the width
attribute with display table tag.

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong or is there any other step that I missed
while migrating.

Expecting the co-operation from your end.

Thank you.

[Help] RE: Problems while migrating to display tag 1.1

SourceForge.net

The following forum message was posted by nea3 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/displaytag/forums/forum/249318/topic/3859990:

I think I should write my own tag handler class which will support both 1.0
and 1.1 version display taglibraries. The TLDs of both versions are different
and also there are some APIs of 1.0 which is not available in 1.1(E.g.,"getHeader()"
method of Column class).