Formatting only certain columns

pdisplay
I get data (say 10 columns) from our database, which is being displayed using DisplayTag. Only one of them needs to be formatted , which I can do using the format option. Question: Do I need to list all the 10 columns using the option OR is there a way it can display all columns returned from the query (by default) and then I specify to format the column I want to ?? ie.: Do I need to list all columns as below: .. etc all the columns names OR any way to specify to display all columns and then somehow specify the columns that need to be formatted?