ClassNotFoundException with locale.provider

ClassNotFoundException with locale.provider

wild_oscar
Hi,

I am trying to set the locale.provider so that I can use the struts2 keys in my displaytag.

I extended the I18nWebworkAdapter to my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2 so that it works in Struts2.

However, displaytag (1.2) is having problems finding this class. (yes, it is on the classpath).

displaytag.properties:
locale.provider=my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2

Error:
[TableProperties.java:527]  Unable to instantiate the configured LocaleResolver due to a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException exception: my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2 . Falling back to default implementation.

Debug
Problem is in TableProperties:519:
Class classProperty = ReflectHelper.classForName(className);
Inspecting ReflectHelper, the problem is in:
Class.forName(className);

This method doesn't throw any exception in my struts code (eg: in an action).
What's more, TableProperties.geResourceProvider() seems to work properly, and it has a very similar code:

Class classProperty = ReflectHelper.classForName(className);

[TableProperties.java:1196] : I18nResourceProvider initialized to my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2

Do you know if anything is missing or have any hints on why locale.provider doesn't work properly?

Regards,

Miguel Almeida

Re: ClassNotFoundException with locale.provider

Peter Juhasz
Miguel <miguel@...> writes:

> Hi,
> I am trying to set the locale.provider so that I can use the struts2 keys in
my displaytag.
> I extended the I18nWebworkAdapter to my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2 so that it
works in Struts2.
> However, displaytag (1.2) is having problems finding this class. (yes, it is
on the classpath).
> displaytag.properties:
> locale.provider=my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2Error:
> [TableProperties.java:527]  Unable to instantiate the configured
LocaleResolver due to a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException exception:
my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2 . Falling back to default implementation.Debug
> Problem is in TableProperties:519:
> Class classProperty = ReflectHelper.classForName(className);
> Inspecting ReflectHelper, the problem is in:
> Class.forName(className);
> This method doesn't throw any exception in my struts code (eg: in an action).
> What's more, TableProperties.geResourceProvider() seems to work properly, and
it has a very similar code:
> Class classProperty = ReflectHelper.classForName(className);
> [TableProperties.java:1196] : I18nResourceProvider initialized to
my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2
> Do you know if anything is missing or have any hints on why locale.provider
doesn't work properly?

> Regards,
> Miguel Almeida

Seems to in your log, there is a whitespace after the
locale.provider=my.own.I18nWebworkAdapter2 line in displaytag.properties. Try to
delete that.

Regards,
Peter Juhasz